What is the Internet of Things?
- According to IDATE, the Internet of Things (IoT) is a “concept whereby any item can connect to the Internet to retrieve information to enhance its intrinsic value”.
- Gartner, defines the Internet of Things, as “the network of physical objects that contain embedded technology to communicate and sense or interact with their internal states or the external environment”.
- The Internet of Things is also sometimes referred to as the Internet of Objects (IoO).
- The Internet of Things encompasses all connected objects, including communicating devices such as phones, tablets, TVs, etc. and the machine-to-machine (M2M). According to IDATE, the total number of connected devices will grow from 15 billions in 2012 to 80 billion in 2020.
Transatel and the Internet of Things
- Transatel provides data connectivity with multi-network SIM cards to all connected objects, from medical devices to smart meters through computers.
- Transatel’s connectivity offer allows service providers to bundle connectivity with their solutions. Our services include:
– private fixed IP address– VPN interconnect for the routing of the data traffic to the Service Provider– Data filtering (traffic is only allowed to the Service Provider domain)
- If you are an application provider or a device distributor, and you want to manage your connectivity or bundle your application or device with the connectivity, please feel free to contact us.