M2M SIM cards
When it comes to “M2M SIM cards”, it is often difficult to know what it really refers to. This page aims at summing up the realities behind the “M2M SIM cards” designation.
Used in regular operation conditions, standard plastic SIM cards used in mobile phones can also be used for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications without any modification.
Other SIM cards that are dedicated to M2M have to meet specific requirements that are not met by standard plastic SIM cards:
- extended temperature range (up to a -40°C/+105°C range), supported by ruggedised (industrial-grade) plastic SIM cards;
- higher resistance against corrosion, vibration and shock thanks to soldered or embedded SIM cards, used in the automotive industry for instance;
- longer life expenctancy (some SIM cards can support up to 500,000 write/erase cycles);
- longer data retention time (10+ years);
- surface mounting that prevents from thefts.
Which types of SIM cards do Transatel’s solutions support?
Transatel works with different SIM card manufacturers providing all SIM form factors: full-size SIM cards or 1st form factor (1FF), Mini SIM cards or 2nd form factor (2FF), Micro SIM cards or 3rd form factor (3FF) and Nano SIM cards or 4th form factor (4FF). Transatel works as well with M2M forms factors MFF1 and MFF2.
Transatel’s M2M expertise also allows us to:
- provide SIM applets;
- create different SIM card electrical profiles;
- provide eUICC with our partners.
Feel free to contact us for any specific demand.